Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Celebrating the Difference


The official video for P!NK's new single 'Raise Your Glass' premiered last night and I can't put into words how happy the video makes me feel. It's all about celebrating the difference and being yourself. An anthem to all the out-casts, under-dogs, dark horses and just about everyone who feels like they didn't ever have a place for themselves in this world. It's exhilarating!

When I first heard the song, I sort of knew that she would do in relation to LGBT Awareness element. But she has carried it so much further. Rejection based on physical appearance, animal cruelty, religious oppression and just about everything else that's wrong in this beautiful world. I loved this song since the time I first heard and it is currently sitting on the top on my iTunes with a total of 634 plays. The video takes me love for this song to a completely new level. Just about everything in this video speaks out to me and gets me to feel good. Check out the video below.



I loved the prom dance and the dancing baby. It's all so incredible and fun! I can so dance to this with my homies. I texted Ryan about it last night when I saw it and literally made him get out of his stupid bed to watch this video. He loved it!

Lately alot of artists have been putting out songs about celebrating the difference. Katy Perry jumped on the board with her song 'Fireworks' from her second album Teenage Dream.


Once again this song stood out to me from the rest because of the message it carried. Songs with messages always speak out to most to me for some reason, maybe I'll put some of them up later. Just like with 'Raise Your Glass', the video of 'Firework' made me love the song even more.



You guys probably think that the gay kiss spoke out the most to me from the vid. Well, yes! It kind of did but the thing that really spoke out to me the most is the kid who pushes his father away trying to stop the fight. I have a friend who can't remember a single day his parents did not get into an argument. Growing up in a house filled with screams and shout, he has become a completely hard person. He rarely opens up to anyone! He never really told us about it. His little sister accidentally let it slip once about him not being able to concentrate on his school-work because of their parents. "How come you don't smile?", "Do you find anything funny?" were the common comments he got from his peers. He would just give a weak smile in response, but in retrospect I have a feeling it was just to shut us up.

Teenagers nowadays are under alot of pressure in trying to fit in. It's something integral in us. We don't want to be singled out and have people staring us. If it's not something at school, it's something outside the school or even worse inside the homes.Blending in and fitting in is all what everyone is trying to do these days. Life is all about living and if you can't live it being yourself, then exactly who's life are you living?

Celebrate the difference!

On a separate note, I have been meaning to post about an award I got since a few weeks but it kept slipping my mind. I saw it last week and wanted to do a post about it but then I waited a few posts out because this post happens to be my 90th post. Only 10 more to go before I hit my first 100!

A perfect 10!

To those of you following me, if you want me to write about anything then leave it in a comment or drop a line in the chat box. Otherwise you can also email me on phunkactor@gmail.com and phunkfactor@hotmail.com. Whatever you would like to know about me or would like to know how I feel about, you just need to drop a line. And yes, you will remain anonymous if you wish to do so. I am very good at keeping secrets!

The blog award I was talking about is a super-cool entirely original, 'Keeps Me From Killing' Award which was created by my blog sister Falen found over at Colorful Rants of a Fed-Up Sista. She was also the one who popped my award cherry a few months ago. LOL!


I gotta give out these two awards to a few fellows as well but stupid blogger keeps messing up all the blog URLs. Argh!

And now I'm signing off, I gotta raise my glass of milk! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment